Photography enthusiasts who are admirers of small business have until August 15 to submit their photo entries.
The contest seeks to showcase the capability and craftsmanship of local entrepreneurs and promote the entrepreneurial mindset among Filipinos.
Partnering with SERDEF in implementing the competition is the Salay Handmade Paper Industries, Inc. (SHAPII), an export-oriented handicraft firm based in Cagayan de Oro City.
To qualify, photo entries should depict the beauty, quality, innovativeness and excellence of products and/or services of Philippine micro and small entrepreneurs, whether traditional or modern, urban-or rural-based, manufacturing, service or trading (including small-scale retailing/vending). Photos should preferably be action shots that show the entrepreneur or worker(s) producing or handling the products.
At stake is an I-Pad mini for the top winner and an Android tablet for each of five runner-up winners. Gifts of handmade paper crafts will also be given away, compliments of SHAPII.
The contest is open to all readers of the SERDEF website who are residents of the Philippines, except employees of SERDEF and their immediate family.
The following are the contest mechanics.
1. “Like” the SERDEF Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/serdefoundation. (You may also wish to browse the SERDEF website (www.serdef.org) for ideas about the small enterprise sector: its importance, range of industries, range of products, etc.)
2. Submit your HIGH-RESOLUTION entry/entries to: email@example.com as an attachment. In the email itself: indicate the following: (a) your full name (b) your mailing address, email-address and contact numbers; (c) the industry or business type photographed (example: pottery, garments, IT, agri-business, metalworking, furniture, repair service, restaurant/carinderia/catering, vending/selling/trading, etc.) (d) name of the company or the entrepreneur photographed; and (e) location of the business.
3. Each contestant can submit up to three entries but may win only once.
4. The contest will start on July 1 and end on August 15 at 12 midnight.
5. Winners will be announced on August 31.
6. Prizes should be claimed at the SERDEF office at 3rd floor, Institute for Small-Scale Industries building, E. Jacinto Street, UP Diliman Campus, Quezon City.
7. Entries will be judged according to: (a) relevance to the contest objective (to showcase the excellence of small business products); quality of photo (composition, sharpness and contrast); and (c) uniqueness (unique perspective, unique lighting and color).
8. The decision of the judges will be final.
9. SERDEF reserves the right to use the submitted photographs in its promotional and informational materials (brochures, posters, calendars, feature articles etc.), with proper attribution to the photographer and photographed business.